Monday, October 7, 2013

Monday Musings


After the last math test, I realized how much many of the students needed help with multiplication. Here we were multiplying decimals, when the majority of them still needed help with single-digit multiplication, not to mention multiple digit! This is going to be something that we constantly work on. Today at the end of the math lesson, we did a multiplication I Have, Who Has? game.

Click here to find the free game on TPT (created by All Things Teachery):











This was the first time any of them have played I Have, Who Has? and they LOVED it!

It made me want to create game sets for all of the content areas. I think it's a great review because it involves the whole class and everyone must be paying attention in order for it to work! I used a stopwatch while we played and wrote the time it took us from start to end on the board...we are going to try and beat our score next time!

Whiteboards might be the way to go for multiplication review tomorrow. They love any chance they have to use them!

I've got math and holidays on the brain...thinking about how I can incorporate content areas with art to create some nice hallway displays :)

We have angles and polygons in October, division in November, and fractions and decimals in December.
So far I have a geometry zombie (and maybe some spider web angles?) set for this month...but I'm still searching for other festive things to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment